Tuesday, May 1, 2007

heel

I was going to try and take pictures but my sock and I are currently not speaking to each other. I feel it best that we spend a few days apart and see how I feel then. (I droped a stitch right down a colum of P2togs.)

So I bassed this on the reverse dutch heel from the sock knitters class. They suggest adding about an inch worth of stitches to each side for the gusset. I did some scary math stuff that somehow seemed to work for me and figured out that for my last CC tier before the heel I needed to pick up 8 stitches instead of 6 on the sole side (I did this for the last 3 squares of the tier) Then I worked the heel triangles picking up 9 sitches for each one.

Then I followed the directions here: http://www.socknitters.com/toe-up/lessonfour.htm

I used 12 stitches for my heel flap, but you can adjust that if you need a narrower or wider heel.

No comments: