Tuesday, March 13, 2007

An Introduction

I just joined the KAL, so I figured I should introduce myself to all of you, and say thanks to Shannon(Twinsanity) for linking me here. I am Jackie and I am also an entrelac/garterlac junkie (but I'm not as bad as Twin....LOL)

I was just past the heel on my sock, but it turned out to be too snug and I could barely get my foot into it. After 5 CC tiers, the foot of my sock was just too short. I wear a size 7 shoe, so even though my gauge was spot on on my swatch, it just didn't turn out properly. So, This morning, I finally frogged down to just before the heel. I am going to add another set of tiers and then do my heel. I took this pic just after the frogging. I am using Knitpicks Gloss yarn in burgundy and sarengetti, and KP size 1 dpn's.

3 comments:

Bex said...

That's so beautiful!
I was reading two other women's blogs that had issues with the size too. I have already gotten 3 CC tiers in and I just can't imagine that 5 is going to be enough for my foot. I am a size 8.5 shoe.
Are you just going to add in another tier or two?

Jackie said...

Thank's for the compliment! I'm going to add a MC tier and a CC tier. I'm sure that will be enough to work well for me. As I was working each tier on the foot, I kept wondering to myself if 5 CC tiers would *really* be enough, turns out I need 6.

Spinsanity said...

Yeah, I didn't get as far in my post as I have in the first sock but I added another mc and cc tier because I was only measuring 5" from cc point to point with only five. I lost a needle so haven't tried them on since I did the heel. Hope it's long enough!